Pleasant Valley Homes, Inc. is a large, family-owned company with an over thirty-year tradition of producing exceptional manufactured and modular homes and other pre-fabricated structures. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value skilled people who want to come to work on time every day, and who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
Engineering - Full Time, Permanent Positions
Position: Architectural Designer/Drafter
Pleasant Valley Homes, Inc., located in Pine Grove, PA, family-owned and operated, has been in the business in producing finest-quality modular homes and other structures since 1982. We are a full-service, wholesale modular home manufacturer that designs, manufactures and sells single- and multi-family and light commercial structures to authorized, independent builders and retailers in the 14 states in the northeast USA. We seek an architectural designer/drafter to prepare prints for new home construction. Industry experience is preferred, but we will train the right candidate.
JOB PURPOSE: To prepare prints for new home construction using the latest CAD software
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform a wide range of architectural drafting tasks, such as drafting floor plans, elevations, electrical and plumbing diagrams, and the related drawings necessary for new home construction.
QUALIFICATIONS: Proficiency with CAD, isometric and 3D skills, knowledge of the International Residential Code and the National Electric Code, electrical layouts, framing and construction practices, and strong math and computer skills. High school degree or equivalent preferred. Must have strong attention to detail and an ability to collaborate to achieve objectives.
- Full-Time (M-F) 40+ hours per week with overtime opportunities
- Paid holidays and vacation (vacation paid after expiration of probationary period)
- Health Insurance
- Competitive Wages
All inquiries are kept confidential; please email resume to email@example.com, or apply in person.
Home Production Personnel - Full Time, Permanent Positions
Construction tradespeople (framing, plumbing, electrical, drywall, millwork, cabinetry, etc.) seeking to work in a climate-controlled manufacturing facility with regular working hours year-round.
Full-Time (40 hour), Dayshift (6:00 a.m. -- 2:30 p.m.), Year Round (with seasonal overtime)
Hourly, based upon experience
Available health insurance, including medical, dental and vision, paid vacation and holidays, eligible after completion of 90-day introductory period
Construction tradespeople will be engaged in general construction practices applicable to wood-frame construction, including, but not limited to, wood framing, plumbing, electrical and mechanical installations, drywall finishing and painting, cabinetry, millwork, flooring, siding, stone/brick installation and finish treatments. Ideal candidates will have prior experience in a home manufacturing environment, but relevant, specific experience in new home construction is helpful too.
Daily Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Arrive at work on time and be ready to start at the designated start time;
- Learn, master and perform -- at a high level -- procedures for construction/installation of applicable items;
- Work closely with and gain a clear functional understanding of construction equipment;
- Work within company-established safety standards;
- Work in a team environment and be able to meet production goals;
- Be courteous and professional team members.
Skills and attributes necessary for this position:
- Strong experience and ability in a construction trade is preferred, but we will train appropriate candidates.
- Ability to get to work on time and keep a production schedule;
- Must have reliable transportation and a driver's license;
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds repeatedly during an 8-9 hour shift;
- Ability to multi-task and reduce down-time to an absolute minimum
To be considered for this position, you must complete an application for employment. Please do not contact us by any means other than the online application below or an in-person application (8am-3pm, Mon-Fri) at our manufacturing facility.